Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
*This post may contain affiliate links
Emergency situations happen every day no matter where you live. There are so many reasons you could loose your normal source of clean drinking water and everyone needs water to survive. I have a survival straw, but wanted something better for all of us to use, enter the Survivor Filter Pro. This is good at home or out, here’s why I wanted a Survivor Filter Pro.
Some Reasons You Can Loose Your Normal Source of Clean Drinking Water
- It’s Flooding – lots of water but not clean enough to drink
- It’s the middle of winter and your pipes have frozen solid
- Loss of Electricity – how will you power the water pump if you have a well?
- Pipe Burst – if you have town water, which you should probably filter anyway.
- Your Hiking/ Camping
- It’s the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE – your on the run for survival. (Can you tell it’s almost time for my favorite show, The Walking Dead to come back on)
About the Survivor Filter Pro
- Here is what you get, and how it arrives.
Removes Dirt, Bacteria, Chlorine, Heavy Metals and Other Contaminants From Fresh Water.
- Replaces 1,000 (33-ounce) Plastic Water Bottles. Filters Can Be Easily Cleaned or Replaced.
- Comes with a Lifetime Warranty
- Comes with a spare cloth filter (the white one in the photo above)
- Tested at Intertek Labs in Columbus Ohio to show 99.9% Filtration Removal (Highest Certifiable Level) for tested VIRUS, STAPH and BACTERIA.
- BPA Free and Included Drinking Cup, Travel Bag, Detailed instructions and How to Use Manual.
- Produces a SUPER FAST FLOW RATE of 500 ml. (17 ounces) per minute.
- Weighs only 8 ounces, 6.5 inches long and easily fits in your glove box, tackle box, knapsack or BUG-OUT bag
- Can be used directly from fresh water source, pumped into attached cup, OR pumped into any portable hydration pack. Perfect for filtering large jugs of water for the whole family
Why I Wanted a Survivor Filter Pro instead of just the Straw
I have the Survivor Filter Straw, and I love it. If your looking for a less expensive option, the straw is it. However it has some drawbacks in comparison. While it can be attached to many hydration systems, if you use it alone you will put your mouth on it and then what will the rest of your group do? I know many of us when filtering water are doing so for our family, but they get sick too and I don’t know about you but when it comes to sharing please keep the stomach flu and other illnesses to yourself, I do not need nor do I want them.
- They both filter water equally well of impurities
- This is a pump, the filter can be used as a gravity feed. The pump can get water from a deeper source.
- The pump filters 10 ounces per minute faster than the Survivor Filter Straw.
- Overall: The Survivor Filter Straw is good if one per person, this is better per family or small group.
Where can I find the Survivor Filter? On Amazon.