Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
*This post may contain affiliate links
This giant top made by Gonge is recommended for 1-2 children to use from ages 3-10. I won’t say how old he is, but my husband sure had fun and he’s 6 foot tall. Since we were all able to use it (yes the Cheshire Cat too) I have to say its fun for the whole family.
The box from American Educational Products, that the Giant top arrived in was about the size of the hood of my car, and the height of my windshield. It was a light box, but very awkward to move. The cardboard was very thick and I’ve been using it as templates. It would make a great fort box.
What do you do with it?
- Rock from side to side
- Flip it over (my son’s favorite thing this week)
- spin it
- build a fort
- Wear it as a hat – Great way for mom to carry it to safe places to use it
- Slide in it (requires snow or mud)
- Small Children may use it as a boat (please supervise this activity closely. We did not test this yet)
I’m hoping this winter we can use it as a sled, there are no holes for pulling it, however you could put some in.
- Bright Red for easy finding
- Strong Plastic for years of playing
- Develops children’s physical coordination (adult’s too)
- Edge and top protect children’s heads and hands from getting hurt
This is a steeper-sided cone. Making it less for balancing and more for rolling.
Our Tests Revealed:
- It can handle over 200 lbs.
- You can fit a 6′ husband and a toddler inside and the laughter is wonderful to the ear.
- One of our cat’s even found it interesting, tho not enough to go for a ride.
No matter what your doing, inside or out, you need a pretty big open area. We only used it outside due to the sheer size of it. Storage is easy, because it’s light we just put it on top of things in the garage when we want it up. I leave it outside most of the time. If you leave it pointy side up the water runs right off.
I love this Giant Top because we could all have fun with it and recommend it to anyone with room to use it. I will warn you, because of the size there are extra shipping costs involved. However it’s worth it.
Available on Amazon or through American Educational Products (cheaper of the 2 when I looked)