Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Their are a variety of reasons a Belly Band Gun Holster might be a useful to a person, and times where they just aren’t. Lets look at both together.
Advantages of a Belly Band Gun Holster
- Comfortable to wear – no itching
- Can be worn over or under clothing
- Pockets can be used for different items besides just a gun
- Has additional Pocket for extra clip
- Leaves your hands free
- Can be used for concealed carry with jacket
- Options for right or left handed
- Easy Release
- Stretches to fit 44″ belly with ease
- Fits most handguns ie Glock, M&P Shield, Sig Sauer, Ruger, Kahr, Beretta, & more.
- Can be positioned to place pockets where you want, including height. Think cross body, appendix position, 5 O’clock position (behind the hip), small of back, and even like a shoulder holster under your shirt.
Disadvantages of a Belly Band Gun Holster
- Without a coat, it’s not easily a concealed wear item, think about when it’s 90 degrees or so…
- Long barreled guns do hang out the bottom quite a bit
- If you wear it under your clothes it takes longer to access
- Has Velcro closure which may catch your clothing
Show me more!
The stitching looked good and it seems sturdy. Where you insert the gun is open on the bottom, the other pocket is for a clip so it is closed. You could use this to carry bear spray, sunblock..
Overall we are very happy with it. I generally wear it over my shirt when were out hiking encase we find more rattlesnakes. I really like having my hands free for my son and our dog Merry. I think a hunter might like this as well for a backup gun. Anyone who is preparing for the zombie apocalypse will want their hands free while running and might like this as well.
It is available on Amazon for under $25 which is a great price compared to gun shows and many other vendors.